- My Top Ten
- BBC Radio One
- Special edition of a weekly Saturday lunchtime show of that name introduced by Andy Peebles, in which Peel runs down ten of his top records. Many of these are familiar choices. Lack of the Fall is perhaps surprising, although JP mentions that Mark E Smith has one of his favourite voices.
- Only two of the tracks (those by the Undertones and Misty) would later be chosen by Peel for inclusion in his eight Desert Island Discs, although all but four (by the Faces, Kop Choir, Cocteau Twins and Stanley Winston) would subsequently make it into the Peelenium. Singles of the Undertones and Stanley Winston tracks were later found in John Peel's Record Box.
- For a full transcript of the prgramme, see My Top Ten (Transcript).
- Undertones: Teenage Kicks
- Otis Redding: Ole Man Trouble
- Faces: Maybe I’m Amazed
- Captain Beefheart: Big-Eyed Beans From Venus
- Mighty Wah: Come Back
- Duane Eddy: Peter Gunn
- Kop Choir: You'll Never Walk Alone
- Cocteau Twins: From The Flagstones
- Stanley Winston: No More Ghettos In America
- Misty: Mankind (live)
- 1984-07-21 My Top Ten Radio 1 (John Peel).mp3
- Single file created from 2008 rebroadcast of the programme. Many thanks to Bill!