- (See also Coxhill-Bedford Duo, Kevin Ayers, Frank Chickens, Longest Gaps Between Peel Session Appearances)
George W. Lowen Coxhill, generally known as Lol Coxhill (19 September 1932 – 10 July 2012) was an English free improvising saxophonist and raconteur. He played the soprano or sopranino saxophone ... (read more at Wikipedia)
Links To Peel
Peel apparently first became aware of Coxhill when he saw the musician busking on London's South Bank in 1968.  After being signed to the DJ's Dandelion label, the saxophonist recorded both as a solo artist (releasing the double album Ear Of The Beholder) and as part of the Coxhill-Bedford Duo. With Bedford and guitarist Mike Oldfield, he was part of the Kevin Ayers Whole World band. Coxhill subsequently played on the 1977 Damned LP Music For Pleasure and recorded a Peel session with the Frank Chickens in the 1980s.
Festive Fifty Entries
- Two sessions under own name. No known commercial release.
- Felicidad / Whitefield Music II / Mood / Whispering
2. Recorded: 1973-05-07. First broadcast: 19 June 1973. Repeated: ?
- Bath 72 / Monk / Fire And Rain / Theme For Mrs. Greig
(Please correct mistakes and add any missing info)
Other Shows Played
- 20 February 1983 (BFBS): Disco Dementia (7" - Il Froga Silencio) Umyu F-3.005
- 21 April 1986: Changing Partners (10" album - The Inimitable) Chabada OH9 (see Mostly Peel Spring 1986)
- 13 January 1995: Two Little Pigeons (album - Ear Of Beholder) (Dandelion)