Links To Peel
Peel often played tracks from the band on his show, and was especially fond of their "Sense of Direction", calling it the band's "finest hour" when he played it in 1975. Like many groups of the era, they began as a blues band but moved into a more rock-based sound, and were popular in the US at the time they did their three mid-1970s Peel sessions. However, their style was very much "old wave" rock, which may account for the fact that they did not appear in Peel playlists and recorded no more sessions for Peel's shows after 1976.
Festive Fifty Entries
- Three sessions. Selected tracks (marked*) released on Live at the BBC 1970-1978 (digital release only).
- Before You Reach The Grave / Reaching Out / Amerita/Sense Of Direction* / Milwaukee Truck Song Blues
- Devil Knows / I Am Constant* / Running Out Of Time* / Using The Power
- Couldn't Get It Right* / Chasin' Change / Together And Free* / Mighty Fire
Other Shows Played(Please add any missing info)
- 06 December 1969: Twenty Past Two/Temptation Rag (LP - Plays On) Fuel (as Chicago Climax Blues Band)
- 24 September 1974: Sense Of Direction (7") Polydor
- John Peel - 1975 Extracts: Amerita/Sense Of Direction (LP-Sense Of Direction) Sire
- ↑ This release also includes three tracks denoted as 'John Peel 18/09/74')