- Refers to an extraordinary gig the previous Friday in Ipswich by Extreme Noise Terror, referring to them as a new force of nature at which the audience (including the Pig) stood open-mouthed in awe.
- The night before that, Thursday, he'd attended a Shirley Bassey concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Apparently Morrissey had been at the same event.
- Wedding Present #6 recorded 24th May 1988, original broadcast.
- Primitives #3 recorded 17th April 1988, repeat, originally broadcast 25 April 1988. 2 of 3 tracks present. Released on "Bubbling Up" (NMC Music).
- Wedding Present: Why Are You Being So Reasonable Now (Peel Session) Available 29:39-32:07 on HO John Peel 5 1988. 3:25-5:56 on File 3.
- Primitives Things Get In Your Way (Peel Session) 17:22-19:44 on File 3.
- Colorblind James Experience: Fledgling Circus back announced only)
- File 1 begins near end of next track
- Heptones: Nanny Goat
- Wedding Present: Take Me I'm Yours (Peel Session) 3
(mis-introduced as Unfaithful)
- (JP Refers to Extreme Noise Terror last Thursday in Ipswich)
- Extreme Noise Terror: False Profit (Album: The Peel Sessions) Strange Fruit
- Smiths: What She Said (Live) (Album: Rank) Rough Trade
- EPMD Strictly Business (Album: Strictly Business) Fresh Records
- Bob Marley And The Wailers: I Shot The Sheriff (Album: Burnin') Island Records
- (tape edit)
- Felt: Christopher Street (Album: The Pictorial Jackson Review) Creation Records
- Napalm Death: Deceiver / Lucid Fairytale / In Extremis (Album: The Peel Sessions) Strange Fruit
- (JP: A little Bank Holiday Music For You from Napalm Death)
- Earl Mallard And His Web Feet Of Rhythm: Disco Duck (unknown)
- Primitives: Keep Me In Mind (Peel Session) 3
- Denise Motto: Totally Serious (Super Mix) (12") Play House Records
- Agitpop: Memory Go Round (Album: Open Seasons) Twin/Tone Records
- Frankie Miller: Jealous Guy (Album: Full House) Chrysalis
(continues on part2)
- File 2 begins
- Wedding Present: Unfaithful (Peel Session) 3
- Taking Your Business: Long Live Hip-Hop! (12") Bad Boy Records
- House Of Love: Love In A Car (Album: The House Of Love) Creation Records
- Major Mackerel: Pretty Looks Done (Album, Compilation: Kingston Volume 1) (unkown)
- Doughboys: Can't Find The Day (album: Whatever) What Goes On GOES ON 26
- Morrissey: Sister I'm A Poet (12" EP: Everyday Is Like Sunday) His Master's Voice
- Joe Smooth: So Smooth (Album: Jackmaster Acid Trax) Westside Records
- Primitives: Way Behind Me (Peel Session) 3
- Prong: Forgery (Album: Forced Fed) Southern Records
- Louis Jones And His Rock And Roll Band: Rock And Roll Bells () Peacock Records
- Wedding Present: Happy Birthday (Peel Session) 3
- Altered Images: Song Sung Blue (Album: Pinky Blue) Epic
- (12:00 news, announced as Radio 2)
- 01. John Peel Show 04-04-88 (part1).mp3
- 02. John Peel Show 04-04-88 (part2).mp3
- 3) C117 The Peel Sessions Vol.14
- Part1 45:50 (First 4:06 is a snippet from a show from 09 May 1988)
- Part2 40:59
- 3) 1:31:43 (to 24:39) (3:25-5:56, 17:22-19:44 unique)
- 1,2) Both files are misdated
- 3) From The Peel Sessions Vol.14