- Plays Teenage Kicks twice on the run. Says it is the first time he's done this for a long time. Claims Pig said Undertones singer Feargal Sharkey sounded like Loudon Wainwright III when JP played the record the previous evening.
- Start of show: "Well, it looks like being a fairly rugged week, I must say, as the champions of Europe and lords of mankind face a stiffy sort of a test on Wednesday night. On tonight's programme, though, we have no such considerations: the two sessions from the Skids and from Motörhead. Among the records, Europeans wearing silly wigs and hoping to meet a Beatle: also Penetration, Jean Cooper Clarke, David Bowie, Sabbath, Wire, the Undertones, Jam, all the usual people, and we start with...."
- The Roadshow is going to Sheffield at the weekend.
- Motörhead, one and only session. Recorded 1978-09-18. Available on BBC Live & In-Session (Sanctuary Midline).
- Skids, #2 (rpt.) Recorded 1978-09-29. 'The Saints Are Coming' available on Movement: BBC Radio 1 Peel Sessions 1977-1979 (BBC Worldwide Ltd.)
File d begins
- (JP: 'Haven't heard phasing like that since about 1968.')
- Europeans: 'Europeans (7")' (Heartbeat)
- Skids: 'Hope And Glory' (Peel Session)
- David Bowie: 'Ziggy Stardust (2xLP-Stage)' (RCA Victor)
- Motörhead: 'Louie Louie' (Peel Session)
- Brinsley Schwarz: 'I Cried My Last Tear (7"-(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace Love And Understanding)' (United Artists) 
- Penetration: 'Firing Squad (7")' (Virgin)
- Tubeway Army: 'Bombers (7")' (Beggars Banquet)
- Roman Stewart & Barrington Spence: 'No Peace Until (7")' (Hungry Town)
File a begins
- John Cooper Clarke: 'Valley Of Lost Women (LP-Disguise In Love)' (CBS) S CBS 83132
- Skids: 'The Saints Are Coming' (Peel Session)
- Saints: 'Every Day's A Holiday, Every Night's A Party (LP-Prehistoric Sounds)' (Harvest) SHSP 4094
- Motörhead: 'Keep Us On The Road' (Peel Session)
File a ends
Files b, c begin
- Black Sabbath: 'A Hard Road (LP-Never Say Die!)' (Vertigo)
- Wire: 'Practice Makes Perfect (LP-Chairs Missing)' (Harvest)
Files b & c tape break
- Whirlwind: 'Tore Apart (Compilation LP-It's Rock And Roll Vol Two)' (Super Beeb)
- Cravats: 'Gordon (7")' (Small Wonder)
- Lyn's All Stars: 'Return Dub (7"-Norris Reid, Got To Return)' (Lucky Star)
- Skids: 'Dossier Of Fallibility' (Peel Session)
Files b & c restart
- Motörhead: 'Tear Ya Down' (Peel Session)
File d tape break
Files b and c tape edit
- (JP: 'I've not done this for ages but I think we ought to hear that again.')
- (JP: 'That is a mighty, mighty record you know. Come the end of the year, that will be battling with 'Suspect Device' and 'Shot By Both Sides' as my record of the year I think.')
File d restarts
- Leyton Buzzards: 'Villain (7"-19 And Mad)' (Small Wonder)
- Devo: 'Space Junk (LP-Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!)' (Virgin)
- Damned: 'New Rose (7")' (Stiff)
- Frankie Miller: 'Darlin' (7")' (Chrysalis)
- Skids: 'Six Times' (Peel Session)
- Dennis Brown Meets Jah Bop: Tribulation (single) Three In One (starts at wrong speed)
- Rich Kids: 'Young Girls (LP-Ghosts Of Princes In Towers)' (EMI)
- Motorhead: 'I'll Be Your Sister' (Peel Session)
Files b,c end
File d ends
- (a) 1978-09-25 Peel Show T005.aif
- (b) 25-09-78000.mp3
- (c) JP19780925.mp3
- (d) 1978-09-25 John Peel Radio 1 (incomplete) DB016+DB020+DB017
- (1) 00:14:55
- (b) 01:02:14
- (c) 00:43:10
- (d) 01:49:05
- (a) Created from T005 of 400 Box, digitised by Rok
- (b) 25 September 1978 show includes first track (and second announced) of file created from T100 of 400 Box, then continues from 24.37.
- (c) Reduced version of file (b), with just the 25 September tracks.
- (d) File created from DB016 DB020 & DB017 of the Derby Box. Many thanks to Chris and Rob.