- John Peel's Music On BFBS
- BFBS (Germany)
- "This is John Peel's music on BFBS, as if it could be anything else."
- Incomplete show: first hour and beginning of second missing.
- Peel seems fed up with all the talk about the new millenium: he would prefer to celebrate it at his own house, and finds it preferable to be the last person to see the new millenium in as opposed to the first. "Who really cares?"
- Elfish Echo: 'Bitten (CD-Strong Medicine)' (Source)
- Robert Wyatt: 'Del Mondo (Compilation CD-The Different You - Robert Wyatt E Noi)' (I Dischi Del Mulo / Sonica)
- (JP: 'I was looking at the press release that came with (Elfish Echo's) promotional material, and it says, "Music for the next millenium." Now, almost every record I get that has a press release with it says on it, "Music for the next millenium." I'm going to start some kind of fatwa against that, I think, because why shouldn't 1999 have some music? Everything's described as "music for the next millenium", and we're not there yet, or already there, depending on your persuasion, of course, or not there for a few more years. Frankly, I'm bored with the entire business already, and I wouldn't be too surprised to discover that you were too.')
- Volcanos: 'Deora (Compilation CD-Excellent 26 Estrus Spicey Sizzlers Sampler)' (Estrus)
- Paul 'Wine' Jones: 'Mad Dog On My Trail (LP-Mule)' (Fat Possum)
- Luciano: 'Love His Majesty (7")' (Flash)
- Euphone: 'Ididnotsaymaybenot (12"-Breaking Parole)' (Hefty)
- Eilert Pilarm: 'Playing For Keeps (CD-Eilert Is Back)' (Green Pig Production)
- (JP: "He is majestic ... Some of the tracks at the end of this LP are actually Elvis songs done in Swedish, and I am looking forward to hearing those a great deal. I'm kind of rationing myself to one track a week, or perhaps two ... Anyway, great stuff, no question about it ... I can't wait to see Eilert. I'm trying to persuade people to book Eilert for some gigs, in London at least, so we can see the great man in person.")
- Simon Joyner: 'Don't Miss Your Lover (2xCD-Yesterday Tomorrow And In Between)' (Sing, Eunuchs!)
- S.R.I.: 'Untitled (12"-Knock Out)' (Force Inc Music Works)
- Slicker: 'Dahm Foos (CD-Confidence In Duber)' (Hefty)
- Spray: 'You Eat One Lousy Foot And You're A Cannibal (CD-Children Of A Laser God)' (Nightwave Media)
- Built To Spill: 'Sidewalk (CD-Keep It Like A Secret)' (Lsbels)
- Les Jumeaux: 'Cobalt (CD-Cobalt)' (ITN Corporation) (tape cuts out during this)
- Peel Show 1999-01-24 (incomplete)
- Many thanks to Carsten from Berlin.