- Best sessions of the year were broadcast in the first part of the show, and the combined numbers 30 to 26 of the yearly and all-time Festive Fifties in the second. Until recently, only the chart rundown was available. However from early February 2010, a new recording became available, including edited highlights of the session tracks and records portion of the show.
- The fifth part of the combined 1982 Festive Fifties, identified in the track listing below by AT (All-Time chart) and FF (yearly chart).
- Information on session repeats courtesy of Yahoo Peel Newsgroup's Ken Garner.
- Higsons, #3 (repeat). Recorded 1982-09-22, first broadcast 11 October 1982. No known commercial release.
- Wild Weekend, one and only session (repeat). Recorded 1982-07-24, first broadcast 12 August 1982. No known commercial release.
- Action Pact, #1 (repeat). Recorded 1982-02-06, first broadcast 22 February 1982. No known commercial release.
Best sessions of the year and the odd record
- File 1)
- start of programme, intro
- Action Pact: Suicide Bag (session) (not on recording)
- Wild Weekend: Hungry (not on recording)
- Action Pact: People (session)
- Higsons: unknown track (not on recording)
- John Cooper Clarke: Night People
- Freeze Frame: Touch (single) Cracking Up
- Action Pact: Losers (session)
- File 2) contains the whole FF section, as do Files 3) and 4) in a split recording.
1982 Festive Fifty: Numbers 30-26
- 30 (AT): New Order, 'Procession (7 inch-double A side with Everything's Gone Green)' (Factory)
- 30 (FF): Simple Minds, 'Promised You A Miracle (12 inch)' (Virgin)
- 29 (AT): Stiff Little Fingers, 'Johnny Was (LP-Inflammable Material)' (Rough Trade)
- JP: 'As I say, I never really cared for that. I like Stiff Little Fingers, never cared for that track at all, but you did and it's your chart.'
- 29 (FF): Psychedelic Furs, 'Love My Way (7 inch)' (CBS)
- 28 (AT): Birthday Party, 'Release The Bats (7 inch)' (4AD)
- JP: 'Wish someone would bite me.'
- 28 (FF): Cure, 'The Figurehead (LP-Pornography)' (Fiction)
- 27 (AT): Scritti Politti, 'The Sweetest Girl (7 inch)' (Rough Trade)
- 27 (FF): Clash, 'Know Your Rights (LP-Combat Rock)' (CBS)
- 26 (AT): Joy Division, 'Transmission (7 inch)' (Factory)
- 26 (FF): Clash, Should I Stay Or Should I Go? (LP-Combat Rock)' (CBS)
- 1) JP19821222_01.mp3
- 2) JP19821222_02.mp3
- 3) and 4) John Peel Festive Fifty 1982 Parts 9 & 10 of 20
- 1) 13:18
- 2) 46:42
- 3) Part 9 - 0:25:40
- 4) Part 10 - 0:21:17
- 1) and 2) Very good stereo sound at 256 kbps. Many thanks to Peel Mailing List member ray_b2 for uploading this show.
- 3) and 4) There is slight distortion evident on these recordings.