Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- A recording and tracklisting for the last 86 minutes of a 2 hour show is available.
- Selected dance/international traclks also available on File 2.
- The show along with the session was recorded at Peel Acres and includes an interview with PJ Harvey and John Parish.
- P J Harvey and John Parish recorded live at Peel Acres on 5 September 1996. The songs 'Losing Ground', 'Snake' and 'That Was My Veil' are available on the Island Records LP / CD - The Peel Sessions 1991 – 2004 .
- Futurecore: Crackdown Electrica (12" - Bus, Dinner, Jam EP) Fused And Bruised FABR002T #
- East Meets West: Valve Dub (v/a album - Dubhead Volume Three) Shiver IVE LP 005 #
- Cristian Vogel: Demolish (12" - Demolish Serious Culture) Sativae tiva004 #
- File 1 begins
- Jon Spencer Blues Explosion: ‘2Kindsa Love (LP – Now I Got Worry )’ Mute Records
- (JP: ‘really messed up my life, the invention of the 12 inch single actually, because now the whole house is devoted to space for them.’)
- Culture: ‘A Slice Mt. Zion (CD – One Stone )' RAS Records #
- Eska: ‘Let’s Fence (Various Artists CD – The Camden Crawl II )’ Love Train
- DJ Spooky: ‘Thoughts Like Rain (CD - Songs Of A Dead Dreamer )’ Asphodel #
- (John interviews Polly Harvey and John Parish and plays the session tracks)
- PJ Harvey and John Parish: ‘Taut’ (Peel Session)
- PJ Harvey and John Parish: ‘Snake’ (Peel Session)
- PJ Harvey and John Parish: ‘Losing Ground’ (Peel Session)
- (JP: ‘Right, well I can’t think of any more penetrating or frightening questions.’)
- PJ Harvey and John Parish: ‘That Was My Veil’ (Peel Session)
- Captain Beefheart & Magic Band: ‘The Witch Doctor Life (LP – Ice Cream For Crow )’ Virgin
- Robert Pollard: ‘Girl Named Captain (CD – Not In My Airforce )’ Matador
- Robert Armani: ‘Lay Out (2xLP - Spectacular )’ ACV #
- David McCallum: ‘In The Garden – Under The Tree (CD - Open Channel D )’ Rev-Ola
- Power Steppers: 'The Enclosure (LP – Bass Re-Enforcement )’Universal Egg #
- (6:30 news)
- Adventues In Stereo: ‘Close To You (7 inch – When We Go Back )’ Creeping Bent
- Appleorchard: 'Diary Day One (7 inch – Anything Could Go Right Or Wrong )’ Rumblestrip Records
- Leicester: ‘Best in The US (12 inch )’ 5HQ Recordings
- Jazz Gillum: 'I’m Not The Lad (LP – Jazz Gillum)' RCA
- Beat Poets: ‘Theme From Randall & Hopkirk [Deceased] (Split 7 inch - Boa Presents The Superior Surf Sounds Of )’ Boa Records
- Tobin Sprout: ‘The Last Man Well Known To Kingpin (CD – Carnival Boy )’ Matador
- Subhead: ‘Subsdance (12 inch – Subhead 4 )’ Subhead
Tracks marked # available on File 2
- 1) Peel Show 1996-09-21 (incomplete)
- 2) dat_116.mp3
- 1) 01:26:29
- 2) 04:01:19 (00:07:49 to 00:40:13) (to 20:31 unique)
- 1) Many thanks to Isector.
- 2) Many thanks to Max-Dat. Dat 116