- 95 minutes of the show available in excellent quality from the Derby Box
- Starts the show with two singles from the night's session artists, both on People Unite
- Peel’s #1 choice in his self-selected 1977 Festive Fifty is dug out for a spin
- Appears to be first play of the debut Wah! Heat single. Peel comments that listeners may have read about them in the music press
- JP: "I think Misty are very, very hard to beat. I can't understand why they are not more popular than they are."
- JP: “Further proof that Liverpool is the cultural center of the globe certainly. And that said as a man who only goes there about 15 times a year, and that’s just for football.”
- JP: "After Martha & The Muffins, Martha & The Vandellas. ‘Never overlook the obvious’ is the slogan dubbed in blood on our office door."
- 1) 1980-02-18 John Peel Radio 1 (Incomplete) DB149.mp3
- 2) 216-800218+19.aif.mp3
- 3) 216-800218a.if.mp3
- 1) 01:35:14
- 2) 00:33:20 (from 09:27)
- 3) 00:32:17
- 4) 01:33:19 (49:42-01:00:45) (from 57:39 unique)
- 1) Created from DB149 of Derby Box, digitised by RF
- 2) and 3) Created from T216 of 400 Box. Many thanks to Roger and the original taper.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.