- Possible early reference to what would become the long-running Little Richard Cover Search.
- Jesus Lizard #1, recorded 24th February 1991.
- Ugly Music Show: only session, recorded 18th December 1990, repeat, first broadcast 20 January 1991.
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- (JP: 'I cannot adequately convey to you the chaos in which these programmes are conceived. My most recent occasional assistant went off to New Zealand for a month and hasn't been in touch since she got back, for which I hardly blame her, but there are times when I think despair is just around the corner. I mention this because I've been trying to find a version of 'Tutti Frutti' that I know I've got somewhere at home, and it's become one of those things, a bit of an obsession. I know it's in there somewhere, but I simply cannot find it because I don't know the name of the artiste, but it is a cracker of a version. If I ever find it, I shall play it to you, and you'll be much impressed. I mention this because while I was looking for it this week, I found a record by someone called Lonnie Dean on Hank Dean Records which, if somebody said to me, "Do you have this record?", I'd have said no.') #
- Lonnie Dean: God Bless The Waitresses () Hank Dean #
- (some chat with Andy Kershaw about this) #
- File 1 begins during above discussion, 3:28 after start of above section
- Paul Leary: Dulheart Down the Road (album - The History Of Dogs) Rough Trade R2631 #
- Wayne Wonder & Cutty Ranks: Lambada (single) Penthouse
- Ugly Music Show: The Pie Is The Limit (session)
- Shamen: Hyperreal (Billy Bob Orbit Mix) (single) One Little Indian
- Les Hi-Fives: Nako Lela (album - Wanawachezea Mfululizo Wa Kibushi) Philips PKLP 105
- 11:30 news 22:28 into file 1
- Tad: Crane's Cafe (album - 8-Way Santa) Sub Pop SP89
- Jesus Lizard: Wheelchair Epidemic (session)
- Kid Capri: News Story (album - The Tape) Cold Chillin' 1-26474
- Bleach: Bethesda (12" - Snag E.P.) Way Cool WAY 10 T
- Steel Pole Bath Tub: Pirate 5 (album - Tulip) Tupelo Recording Company TUPLP 2
- Tricky Disco: Flypaper (12" - House Fly) Warp WAP 11
- Fall: Edinburgh Man (cassette preview of Shift-Work)
- File 1 cuts out during above track
- Bastro: 'Jefferson-In-Drag (LP-Sing The Troubled Beast)' (Homestead) 6:58-10:35 #
- Ruthless Rap Assassins: Justice (Just Us) (12") EMI 12EM 180 @
- Jesus Lizard: Bloody Mary (session) ~ 39:50-41:41
- Tracks marked # available on Best Of Peel Vol 25
- Tracks marked @ available on Mainly Peel March 1991
- Tracks marked ~ available on HO John Peel 30 1991
- 1991-03-17 Peel Show R149.mp3
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.
- Created from R149 of Rich 200, digitised by Weatherman22.