- The section where John discusses the Japanese records with Kazuko is highly entertaining! For the most part Peel sounds completely bemused by her ramblings. I can't even begin to decipher the track names. Maybe someone else can?
- At one point Peel mentions that Grant Showbiz is also in the studio
- A breakdown in Anglo-Japanese relations takes place when Kazuko asks "is Liverpool in the 1st Division?"
- Records only show - features The Frank Chickens Kazuko Hohki in the studio playing a selection of Japanese records
(tape cuts in)
- Frank Chickens: Shell Fish Bamboo
- Skeletal Family: Theme From 'Batman'
- Missing Presumed Dead: My Little Sister's Turning Into Duane Eddy (tape flip)
- Siouxsie & The Banshees: We Hunger
- Dub Set: Night Time Flesh Beat Rhythm
- Sandii & The Sunsetz: Walk Away (LP - Viva, Lava, Liva) Yen
Kazuko joins John in the studio
- Makoto Inoue: Battle In Space (LP - Godzilla Legend)
- Jun Togawa: Tamahime-sama (LP - Tamahime-sama) Yen ('Woman's song about the agony of periods?!)
- Maki Asagawa: Unknown title (Song about how if women are free they don't need funerals?? (tape flip in the middle)
- Masumi Hara: Da Da Da (LP - Imagination Tsushin "Information Exchange") Yupiteru Records (A fantasy song about living alone??)
- Masumi Hara: Umi De Kurasu (LP - Yume No Yon-Bai) Yupiteru Records (Song about living in the sea with a neck the same colour as a mouse?!)
- 23 Skidoo: Language
- Eric Bubble: track title not given
- In Excelsis: Love Lies (tape flip in middle)
- Hardcore: Dirty
- Lonesome Pine Fiddlers: Will I Meet Mother In Heaven?
- The Hit Parade: Forever
- King Sunny Adé And His African Beats: Ase (LP - Aura) Island
- Echo & The Bunnymen: Seven Seas
- The Clovers: In The Morning Time
- Woodentops: Plenty (single)
(tape cuts out)
- 1984-07-17 John Peel Radio 1 (incomplete).mp3
- Incomplete Show