- Radio London
- Peel is heard before the first track commenting on a newspaper poll which suggests that most young people approved of the sentences given to Mick Jagger and Keith Richards for possession of drugs; of course he and his listeners disagree, but JP is saddened to think they are in a minority.
- Peel encourages his listeners to attend a gathering in Hyde Park later that day, and claims not to know what the event is actually about; in fact, it is the Legalise Pot Rally (poster here). "Perfumed Garden listeners will be recognisable from the light radiating from their foreheads", he says...
- The available portion of this show starts at 12.14 a.m. and lasts 75 minutes.
- Donovan: The Fat Angel (LP - Sunshine Superman) Epic LN 24217 (song was written for "Mama" Cass Elliott of The Mamas and the Papas)
- The Misunderstood: You Don't Have To Go (unreleased demo acetate)
- The Byrds: Thoughts And Words (LP - Younger than Yesterday) CBS BPG 62988
- Shadows of Knight: Gospel Zone (LP - Back Door Men) Dunwich 667 (US release)
- The Rolling Stones: The Singer, Not The Song (b-side of single Get Off Of My Cloud) Decca F 12263
- Jacques Loussier With The Trio: Air On a G-String (by J.S. Bach) (single) Decca F 22383 (inspiration for Procol Harum's "A Whiter Shade of Pale", claims Peel, but he forgets to name the artists!)
- Velvet Underground: Run Run Run (LP - Velvet Underground and Nico) Verve 5008 (US release)
- John's Children: Come And Play With Me In The Garden (single) Track 604005
- Freddie King: Driving Sideways Unknown Source
- Lovin' Spoonful: Wild About My Lovin' ("which I am", says JP) (LP - Best of the Lovin' Spoonful) Kama Sutra KLP 403
- The Doors: The Crystal Ship (LP - The Doors) Elektra EKL 474007
- The Beatles: Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (reprise) / A Day In The Life (partly corrupted) (LP - Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band) Parlophone PMC 7027 (three tracks run together in a "Peelian construction")
Weather (3 minutes late)
- The Purple Gang: Granny Takes a Trip (single) Transatlantic BIG 101
- Howlin' Wolf: Little Red Rooster - original version; (LP - Howlin' Wolf) Chess LP-1469 (The Rolling Stones made it a hit, "which was good"...)
- Simon and Garfunkel: Sparrow (LP - Wednesday Morning 3 AM) Columbia 9049 (US release) (a PG anthem; listen to John's recommendation)
- Roger McGough: The Day Before Yesterday (poem) (LP - The Incredible New Liverpool Scene) CBS 63045
- Ross Hannaman: Down Thru' Summer (single) UK Columbia DB 8217 (the only Andrew Lloyd Webber/Tim Rice song Peel ever liked)
- Country Joe And The Fish: The Masked Marauder (LP - Electric Music for the Mind and Body) Vanguard VSD 79244 (US release) (Peel is undone by this track's false ending)
- John Mayall's Bluesbreakers: Dust My Blues (LP - A Hard Road) Decca LK 4853
- John Renbourn: Debbie Anne (LP - Another Monday) Transatlantic TRA 149 (track dedicated by JP to Shirley Anne Milburn, his first wife)
15 minutes of no sound at the end
- 1. LONDON 16 07 67 PERFUMED GARDEN with JOHN PEEL.MP3
- 1967 07 16 Sun 0015-0100 R London (266m) - John Peel - Perfumed Garden.mp3
- 1967 07 16 Sun 0100-0125 R London (266m) - John Peel - Perfumed Garden.mp3
- 75 minutes (last 15 minutes No sound)
- Because of the age of this off-air recording, the quality is like listening to a very old mono radio - even if Radio London's state-of-the-art American studio equipment ensures that the music comes through loud and clear.