- Two overlapping files are currently available, but the last 25 minutes of the show are still missing.
- Peel plays three songs from the Cortinas album and remarks that the style is a little different to that of their earlier material.
- Ken Garner notes in The Peel Sessions that the show was the second in which Teenage Kicks was played.
- Start of show: "Hey hey, it's your favourite BBC spooksman again. On tonight's programme, we have a session from the Radio Stars on the eve of the release of their new album. Among the records, three Wires, three Cortinas, three Ramones, Burning Spear - a superb new 12 inch from them - or him, Rich Kids, Ruddy Thomas and Trinity, Undertones, Tanz Der Youth, Van Morrison, Graham Central Station, Chelsea and so on and so on."
- John promises us three tracks from Wire, but the Derby Box recording ends in the middle of the first.
- Radio Stars, #3. Recorded 1978-09-04. No known commercial release.
File a begins
- (JP: 'You may have heard or read about the changes that are coming to Radios 1 and 2, and maybe you even wonder if it affects this programme in any way: well, it does. We'll be giving Friday nights the elbow in fact, so it'll just be four nights a week. On Friday there's going to be a kind of vaguely Alan Freeman-styled music programme at this time, so it means at least I'll be able to get out and see a few more bands, which will be very nice, because I don't see a lot of the bands that we feature on the programme, which is rather irritating.')
- (JP: 'Martina Navratilova on dulcimer.')
- Joe Cocker: 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine (LP-Luxury You Can Afford)' (Asylum) 
- Larry Graham & Graham Central Station: 'Pow (LP-My Radio Sounds Good To Me)' (Warner Bros.)
- Radio Stars: 'Radio Stars' (Peel Session)
- Jackson Browne: 'Late For The Sky (LP-Late For The Sky)' (Asylum)
- Ramones: 'I Wanna Be Sedated (LP-Road To Ruin)' (Sire)
- Ramones: 'Go Mental (LP-Road To Ruin)' (Sire)
- Ramones: 'Questioningly (LP-Road To Ruin)' (Sire)
- Mistic: 'Forword With The Orthordox (7")' (Upsetter)
- Radio Stars: 'Boy Meets Girl' (Peel Session)
- Rachel Sweet: 'Truckstop Queen (Compilation LP-The Akron Compilation)' (Stiff)
- No Sweat: 'Work On Her (7")' (Eel Pie)
- Tanz Der Youth: 'I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry (7")' (Radar)
- Van Morrison: 'Checkin' It Out (7"-Wavelength)' (Warner Bros.)
File b begins
- Cortinas: I Don’t Really Want To Get Involved (LP – True Romances) CBS
- Cortinas: Ask Mr Waverly (LP – True Romances) CBS
- Cortinas: Youth Club Dance (LP – True Romances) CBS
- Radio Stars: Sitting In The Rain (session)
- Burning Spear: Social Living (12” single - Civilised Reggae) Island
- (Peel mentions Rock Against Racism Carnival 2 poster on the wall in the studio, due to take place in Hyde Park on Sept. 24. In fact, it took place the same day in Brockwell Park.) 
File b ends
- (JP: 'I got a phone call today from an Undertone who was telling me that, as far as I could tell, they were all very pleased that I played their record on the programme the other day: here it is again.')
- (JP: 'And I also heard, to my considerable pleasure, that one of the less unscrupulous record companies is very interested in the Undertones, and I hope they do something for them. A band from Derry, that's from their debut EP....and a really excellent record it is too.')
- Peter Hammill: 'The Mediaevil (LP-The Future Now)' (Charisma)
- Peter Hammill: 'A Motor-Bike In Afrika (LP-The Future Now)' (Charisma)
- Jay Boy Adams: 'Lone Line Writer (LP-Fork In The Road)' (Atlantic)
- Wire: 'Practice Makes Perfect (LP-Chairs Missing)' (Harvest)
File a ends
- a) 1978-09-14 John Peel Radio 1 (incomplete) DB014
- b) 1978-09-14 (Radio Stars)
- a) 01:35:40
- b) 00:19:09
- a) File created from DB014 of the Derby Box. Many thanks to Chris and Rob.
- b) File created from T031 of 400 Box. Many thanks to the original taper and CCM.