- John Lennon and Yoko Ono were studio guests. Their Two Virgins LP had just been released and they had spent the day before the show recording Rock & Roll Circus with the Rolling Stones and others.
- Usual Peel segment was extended beyond its regular 1 a.m. close, to allow a few minutes with Lennon and Ono. Also gave an opportunity to play another track of the John Martyn & Harold McNair session.
- Poet Christopher Logue also live in studio.
- Show was rebroadcast in 2005 by BBC as part of Lennon Day memorial programming. See the BBC official page, including streamed extracts, here - "two great legends John Peel and John Lennon talking together in 1968".
- John Martyn, #2. Recorded 1968-12-09. No known commercial release. Features Harold McNair on flute.
- John Renbourn & Jacqui McShee, one and only session. Recorded 1968-12-10. No known commercial release.
(John Peel intro)
(Chat With Lennon)
- The Deviants: You've Got To Hold On (single) Stable STA 5601
(Chat With Lennon #2)
(Chat/Introduces Two Virgins)
(Chat With Lennon & Christopher Logue)
- Christopher Logue: He Was Very Good Looking (poem)
- John Martyn & Harold McNair: Jelly Roll Baker Blues [The Easy Blues] (Peel sessioin)
- John Peel, John Lennon, Yoko Ono, Christopher Logue: Alchemical Wedding
- Czech Philharmonic Orchestra [Dvorak]: Slavonic Dance nr 1 in C
(Chat With Lennon & Ono #2)
- Yoko Ono: John My Love (demo)
- Jacqui McShee & John Renbourn: Can't Keep From Crying Sometimes (Peel session)
(John Peel Introduces Azerbaijani Music)
- Azerbaijani Music: Air
(Introduces Papa George Lightfoot)
- Papa George Lightfoot: Wine, Women And Whisky (LP: Saturday Night Function, Rural Blues Vol.2) Liberty LBL 83214E
(Introduces Christopher Logue)
- Christopher Logue: Why? (poem)
- John Martyn & Harold McNair: Dusty (Peel Session)
- Lonnie Donegan: Wabash Cannonball (b-side of single Cumberland Gap) Pye 7N 15087
(Chat With Lennon & Ono #3)
(Chat With Lennon & Ono #4, includes It's Now Or Never by sung by Lennon, with JP humming along)
- Traffic: Utterly Simple (from soundtrack of film "Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush") United Artists UAS 5175
(Introduces John Lennon Poem)
(Yoko Poem, Film Chat, Wrap)
- Spike Jones & His City Slickers: Sheik Of Araby (78rpm disc) RCA Victor 20-2507B (US release)
- a) 1968-12-11 Nightride BBC Radio 1 (John Peel)
- A bit more than an hour
- Some versions of the show available online are divided into a series of mp3 tracks
- a) Mooo
- b) Various sources, including John Peel Torrent Compilation 17 of 17 (Various)