- Peel recommends the film Superman to his listeners.
- Regarding the Festive Fifty, Peel advises, "I should forget about that for a couple of years, if I were you..."
- The Shadows are a reggae band, not Cliff Richard's former backing band.
- Mauro Pagani is PFM's violin player and almost all of the band performs on the track, hence the redirect.
- BH006 of the Hinton Box is a version of the show edited to highlight the session tracks and includes several not on the 400 Box version. Tracks marked with an §.
- 105 minutes now available with the addition of the Derby Box show.
- Show also documented at Tishbriz's John Peel Book at Flickr. Many thanks to Tishbriz for sharing the information. 
- Damned, #3. Recorded 1978-12-20. Available on Sessions Of The Damned (Strange Fruit).
- Fingerprintz, one and only session (rpt). Recorded 1978-11-28. No known commercial release.
File a at start of show.
- Damned, 'Melody Lee' (Peel Session) §
- (JP: 'Rock'n'roll is here to stay. The Damned and that's the first from them tonight....a good rousing start to the programme.') §
File d begins during John's outro above, at 3:00 into show
- J. Geils Band: 'Wild Man (LP-Sanctuary)' (EMI America)
- Fingerprintz: 'Who's Your Friend' (Peel Session) §
- Squeeze: 'Cat On A Wall (7"-Packet Of Three)' (Deptford Fun City)
- Spizz Oil: '6000 Crazy (7")' (Rough Trade)
- (JP: [After stumbling over his words] 'Oh dear, what a night this is. Can we go back to 10 o'clock? If I was DLT I'd do one of those rewind things, and coupled with a couple of jokes about hairy cornflakes, and we'd be back to 10 o'clock.')
- Sly Dunbar & The Revolutionaries: 'Mr Bassie (7")' (Virgin)
- Bob Dylan: 'Changing Of The Guards (LP-Street-Legal)' (Columbia)
- Weirdos: 'We Got the Neutron Bomb (7")' (Dangerhouse)
- Residents: 'Lizard Lady (LP-Duck Stab/Buster & Glen)' (Ralph) §
- Joe Cocker: 'A Whiter Shade Of Pale (7")' (Asylum) §
- Damned: 'I'm A Burglar' (Peel Session) §
- (JP: 'As long as you don't take my rare Damned single.') §
- Fingerprintz: 'Sean's New Shoes' (Peel Session)
- Johnny G: 'Highway Shoes (7"-Monophenia)' (Beggars Banquet)
- Medicine Head: 'Walkin' Blues'
- Clash: 'All The Young Punks (New Boots and Contracts) (LP-Give 'Em Enough Rope)' (CBS)
- Television Personalities: 'Part-Time Punks (7"-Where's Bill Grundy Now?)' (King's Road)
- Damned: 'Love Song' (Peel Session) §
- (JP: 'That's the best one today lads, I think.') §
- Shadows(2): Brother Noah
- Gary Moore: 'Fanatical Fascists (LP-Back On The Streets)' (MCA)
- Chi-Pig: Ring Around The Collar
- Fingerprintz: 'Nervz' (Peel Session) §
- Fingerprintz: 'Sync Unit' (Peel Session) (cut on 400 Box recording: Hinton Box tape has full version) §
- (JP: 'Apache, I bet you're thinking. No it's not.') §
File a ends
- Dr Feelgood: Milk & Alcohol (7") Stiff
- Wire: Outdoor Miner (LP - Chairs Missing) Harvest
- Edge: I'm Cold (7” – Macho Man) Albion
- Mauro Pagani: La Città Aromatica (LP-Mauro Pagani) (Ascolto)
Fle d ends
- Vermilion: Angry Young Women (7") Illegal
- Damned: 'Looking At You' (Peel Session) §
- XTC: Life Is Good In The Greenhouse (LP - Go 2) Virgin
- Fingerprintz: 'Finger Prince' (Peel Session) §
- (JP: 'Been a pretty fair start to the week, this programme.') §
- a) 1979-01-08 John Peel.mp3
- c) BH006 JP 1979-01-08 Side A
- d) 1979-01-08 John Peel Radio 1 (incomplete) DB039+DB041.mp3
- a) 01:21:50
- c) 00:31:11 (from 24:01 unique)
- d) 01:35:00
- a) File created from T058 & T060 of 400 Box. Incomplete show, only both sides of a single tape discovered so far. Side A ends after the Joe Cocker track, side B resumes with Peel's cinema recommendation.
- b) Final track of this show turns up as first track on T060.
- c) File created from BH006 of the Hinton Box. Many thanks to Brian and Colin.
- d) Created from DB039 and DB041 of Derby Box, digitised by RF