- Two recordings are available. The second file cuts in mid track, suggesting a longer show than the usual 110 minutes.
- Tracklisting completed with reference to Lorcan's Tracklistings Archive, although it is incomplete for this particular show.
- The Peelenium reaches 1936.
- John has a task for the listeners. If you were in a football stadium anywhere in the world, can you suggest a song that if it were played, you would immediately think of England. (John’s first suggestion is 'Kicker Conspiracy' by The Fall.)
- A listener suggests that John’s dolphin noises wouldn’t fool Flipper.
- The Pig reads out a joke sent in by a listener.
- Plaid, #2, recorded in their own studio at a date unknown. No known commercial release.
File b cuts in part way through the following
File a cuts in
- Plaid: 'Elidi' (Peel Session)
- Park: 'Abigail’s Flying Through The Clouds (Again) (7 inch)' (Fatal Generation Records)
- Chicks On Speed: 'Glamour Girl (10 inch)' (Go Records)
- Sportique: 'Love & Remains (7 inch)' (Matinee Recordings)
- Ingo Star Cruiser: 'Whistling Sounds Of A Falling Projectile (7 inch)' (Kooky)
- Gaetek: 'Conscience (Various Artists CD - Techcommunity 4 Kosovo)' (Phuture Trax)
- Hirameka Hi-Fi: 'The Formulists (CD - Proud Tradition Of Failure)' (Extreme Sports Armchair Enthusiasts)
- Plaid: 'Kite Rider' (Peel Session)
- Clinic: 'Cement Mixer (7 inch)' (Aladdin’s Cave Of Golf)
File a cuts out at the beginning of the following
- Andy Kirk: Lot Of Sax Appeal
- Leslie Hutchinson: These Foolish Things
- Robert Johnson: 32 20 Blues
- Carol Gibbons & His Boyfriends: I've Got You Under My Skin
- Sukpatch: 'Skin Tight (12" EP: Tie Down That Shiny Wave)' (Grand Royal)
- Solex: 'That's What You Get With People Like That On Cruises Like These... (LP: Pick Up)' (Matador)
- Plaid: 'Housework' (Peel Session)
- L'Augmentation: 'Cartoon Strip (7 inch)' (Kooky Records)
- DJ Format: 'English Lesson (12")' (Bomb Hip-Hop Records)
- Beulah: 'Calm Go The Wild Seas (CD - When Your Heartstrings Break)' (Shifty Disco)
- Lonnie Donegan: 'I'm Almost Done (LP - Live at The Conway Hall 1957)' (Zircon Records)
- Plaid: 'Lazy Beams' (Peel Session)
- Clinton: 'Welcome To Tokyo, Otis Clay (LP - Disco And The Halfway To Discontent)' (Hut)
- Otis Clay: 'I Die A Little Each Day (7 inch )' (Hi Recording Corp)
File b end of show
- a) Peel Show 1999-08-05 (incomplete)
- b) jp050899.mp3
- a) 00:46:43
- b) 01:53:14
- a) Thanks to original taper.
- b) Many thanks to max-dat.